Music Parents & Friends Association
A tax exempt, nonprofit (501c3) sponsor group open to all parents and friends of music
Music Parents and Friends Association mission:
• To promote and encourage a lifelong interest in music.
• To advocate for music education in our school community and to support the music program at all levels.
• To help raise revenues to promote musical activities and opportunities for all students in Guilderland schools.
• To provide the opportunity for the Guilderland community to share the benefits of students’ efforts.
• To recognize, encourage, and reward ability and achievement through the award of scholarships.
Enrichment at all levels
• Fund special assembly programs for each school such as The Lake George Opera Company, Jack Zucchini, Home Spun Dancers, Bach to Beatles, Holly Cameron, Lee Shaw, Nick Page, Ithacapella
• Host the annual 5th Grade Band/Orchestra Celebration
• Provide financial assistance for elementary events
• Fund incentives for beginning musicians
• Registration fees for all participants of the annual music festivals
• Fees for clinicians
• Financial assistance for participants to: All State Conference, All Eastern Conference, NYSBDA, ACDA
• Student scholarships Visit the Music Scholarships Page
• Awards (Pins, Plaques, Senior Flowers, Medals and Certificates)
• Music Enrichment Programs
• Host the annual Cabaret and POPS concert
• Hospitality for Enrichment and Visiting Performing Groups
• Student incentive Program
We need your support - Join Us Today! To become a member, download and return a completed GMPFA membership form to Guilderland Music Parents & Friends Assn. PO Box 147, Guilderland NY, 12084
¯Thursday, September 24,2015 - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
¯Thursday, November 12, 2015 - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
¯Thursday, Dec 17, 2015 - POPS Planning - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
¯Thursday, January 21, 2016 - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
¯Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
¯Monday, May 16, 2016 - FMS Aux. Conference Room. 7PM
For additional information email email@example.com Or contact your child’s music teacher.