Who are we?
The Guilderland Music Parents & Friends Association is
a volunteer organization
dedicated to fostering the music
education, performance and enjoyment of the students in the Guilderland
school district. We rely on the generosity of the community and parents of
our students. We raise funds through membership dues and various fund
raisers throughout the school year. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3)
organization, contributions are tax-deductible. Membership is open to all parents,
guardians, and friends of music in the community.
You see us at the various concerts: ushering at the door or selling flowers. We provide support to our students at all levels of their musical training, from elementary school where they sing their first notes and select their initial instruments, to high school where they can audition for the various elite musical ensembles such as the Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, Chamber Choir and Chamber Strings.
What we provide
Every year we
provide support to students and teachers at every level. Five senior
scholarships were awarded in 2010 based upon musical achievement and the
student’s four year contribution to the music program.
We underwrite registration fees for the many honors Guilderland musicians receive. The GMPFA has helped our students journey to the All-State Festival in Rochester, Area-All State, Suburban Council Music Festival, NYS Band Directors Symposium, American Choral Directors Honor Ensembles, MENC All-Eastern Honor Ensembles, ACDA Eastern Division Honor Ensembles, etc.
Each year we assist with the spring music festivals as this great event rotates between the orchestral, band and choral groups. In 2010, the “Community Celebration of Song” with guest artist Nick Page was an inspirational event for students’ grades 4-12 as well as audience participants of every age! Mini-grants are awarded to several Guilderland musical instructors each year. This enables teachers to supplement their instruction and provide the extras the district budget does not cover.
Enrichment at all levels
• Special assembly/residency programs such as The Lake George Opera Company, Jack Zucchini, Home Spun Dancers, Bach to Beatles, Holly Cameron, Lee Shaw, Nick Page, Ithacapella
• Host the annual 5th Grade Band/Orchestra Celebration
• Provide financial assistance for elementary events
• Fund incentives for beginning musicians
• Registration fees for all participants of the annual Suburban Council Festival & Area All Sate Conference
• Fees for clinicians
• Financial assistance for participants of all other festivals: All State Conference, All Eastern Conference, NYSBDA, ACDA
• Student scholarships Visit the Music Scholarships Page
• Awards (Pins, Plaques, Senior Flowers, Medals and Certificates)
• Music Enrichment Programs
• Host the annual Cabaret and POPS concert
• Hospitality for Enrichment and Visiting Performing Groups
• Student incentive Program
Our goals are to:
• Advocate, promote, encourage, and maintain a lasting interest in music and its subsequent rewards.
• Provide the opportunity for the Guilderland community to share the benefits of our students' efforts.
• Expand the friendships made through music beyond the boundaries of the community.
• Recognize, encourage, and reward ability and achievement through the awarding of scholarships.
• Help raise revenues to promote musical activities.
Please consider joining the Guilderland Music Parents & Friends Association. To become a member, download and return a completed GMPFA membership form to Guilderland Music Parents & Friends Assn. PO Box 147, Guilderland NY, 12084
JOIN US FOR A MEETING
¯Thursday, September 19, 2013 - FMS Aux. Conference
¯Wednesday, November 14, 2013
¯Wednesday, January 8, 2014
¯Thursday, March 6, 2014
¯Wednesday, May 7, 2014
For additional information email email@example.com Or contact your child’s music teacher.