Welcome to the 2017 Moving Up Day (MUD) webpage!
Please be sure to check back often as new information will be added as it becomes available.
The annual Farnsworth Middle School Moving Up Day Ceremony will be held in the large gymnasium at Guilderland High School on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 7 p.m. (doors for the ceremony will open at 6:30 p.m.)
The purpose of this event is to celebrate the completion of your child’s middle school experience and formalize their transition to our high school. This ceremony brings closure to the accomplishments your child has made while here at FMS. It also allows for students of the class of 2021 to reflect on their experiences and bid fond farewells to FMS staff members. This has always proven to be a memorable and exciting experience for all students.
We ask that students dress appropriately for the MUD Ceremony, keeping in mind the serious, but fun nature of the event. We do not encourage parents to treat this as a formal ceremony i.e. gowns, tuxedos and limousines are not necessary for this affair. Students should consider appropriate clothes for the occasion. If you have any questions about your child’s attire, please contact us at your convenience. We are looking forward to celebrating with you and your child at our Moving Up Day Ceremony.
Moving Up Party
This year the Moving Up Party, sponsored by the FMS PTA and Student Council, will be held on Friday, June 16 at FMS from 7 to 9:30 p.m. We want to ensure that all parents and students are aware of this time frame. The dance includes a casual dress format with lots of fun activities. Students are reminded that all school rules apply at the dance. Parents should plan to pick their children up promptly at 9:30 p.m. in the front FMS parking lot. If you would like to help with the dance please contact Amy Steward at email@example.com.
Moving Up Slide Show
We are beginning to prepare the video for the MUD dance. In the past, each 8th-grade student has been invited to submit three pictures that are combined in a video that is shown during the MUD Dance. Interested students should submit three pictures of themselves or friends representing preschool, elementary, and middle school times.
• Pictures for the 8th grade MUD slideshow must be submitted by Thursday, May 18, 2017.
• Each student may submit 3 pictures; preschool, elementary school and middle school.
Please send the pictures in .jpg format and name the file with the
notation (Preschool, Elementary, Middle) and your full name.
• Do not use punctuation in the file name.
• Each picture should be no larger than 2MB. (To check this you may right click on the file and choose "properties." This will display the file size.)
• You should attach the file to your e-mail and send it to: Mudvideo@guilderlandschools.net
• If you do not have access to digital pictures, you may bring the pictures in and put them in an envelope with the student’s name and home room printed on the outside. Give that envelope to Ms. Falco (located in the TV News Studio, with a mailbox in the Main Office) and she’ll make sure your photos are scanned, sent to the “mudvideo” account, and the originals returned to you.
All of us here at FMS are looking forward to both of these wonderful events! For more information on MUD, please contact FMS House Principal Michael Pipa.