Address: 3437 Carman Road,
Schenectady, NY 12303
Directions to Pine Bush Elementary School
Please visit our Transportation pages
2017-18 school supply lists
Listed below are the common supplies needed for each grade level. With the August placement letter, parents will receive this list and information about any additional items that your child’s teacher may request. Please note that this is only the basic list of supplies.
The purpose of the Pine Bush Elementary School handbook is to provide parents and children with an overview of some basic procedural information concerning our school. It is also intended to make you aware of the academic and behavior expectations that we have established for our students. We hope that you will take the time to read and discuss the contents of this handbook with your child. Please feel free to contact the school at any time should you have questions or concerns. View the complete PBES handbook
Pine Bush Elementary School is a unique, caring learning community that fosters individual growth in all children. We are dedicated to empower all students with the understanding that learning is a life long process that can be both challenging and enjoyable. In our school, parents and staff members will work together to ensure that all students develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to participate responsibly in the world around them.
Constructed in 1994, with updates in 2009, Pine
Bush Elementary School is home to nearly 500 students in kindergarten
through fifth grade. In addition to the principal, there are 43 classroom
and special area teachers, including a full-time social worker, a part-time
English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher, a part-time foreign language
teacher and a part-time school psychologist. There is also numerous support
staff which includes teaching assistants, aides and monitors, cafeteria
workers, custodians and office staff.
Results on the English/language arts, mathematics, science and social studies assessments indicate that Pine Bush students consistently score well above the New York State average. View Pine Bush's most recent New York State School Report Card
Other features of the Pine Bush Elementary School program include:
• A learning community which supports the growth of the whole child—social, academic and physical.
• A child-centered, developmentally appropriate approach in all curriculum areas.
• A school culture that utilizes innovative programs such as a school therapy dog, Miss Siggy, to encourage communication, caring and respect.
• An active building cabinet exemplifying the shared decision making process.
• Teacher leaders in language arts, mathematics, science and social studies work closely with the staff and administration.
• An emphasis on professional development as a vital component of our educational program.
• An active and supportive PTA and community.
• Parents often volunteer and feel comfortable visiting classrooms.
• School-wide social worker services which offer opportunities for Banana Splits, friendship groups, push-in programs and community building to prevent bullying.
• A strong commitment to art, physical education, music, drama and other enrichment activities.