The Board of Education, as a legally constituted body of elected representatives, bears the responsibility of setting policy for the school district. The Board acts in accordance with authority and responsibility vested in it by federal and state laws, rules, and regulations on behalf of the district’s citizens.
In order to ensure that its educational programs provide all students with a high-quality education, the Board hereby establishes as its goals:
1. to work closely with the community to ensure that Board actions and performance take into consideration the concerns and aspirations of the community;
2. to identify the educational needs of our students and to transform such needs into programs aimed at inspiring students and preparing them for future success;
3. to employ a Superintendent of Schools capable of ensuring that the district maintains its position as an outstanding school system, and that school personnel carry out the policies of the Board with energy and dedication;
4. to provide leadership so that the goals of the district, as set forth by the Board, can be effectively carried out; and
5. to evaluate the Board’s performance in relation to these goals, and to establish and clarify policies based upon the results of such evaluation.
Cross-Ref: 0310, Evaluation of School Board Operational Procedures
0200, School District Operational Goals
0210, Goals for Instructional Program
Adopted June 20, 1995
Adopted March 6, 2012
Revised and Adopted: January 8, 2019