The Board of Education encourages the participation of the community in improving education in our schools. In accordance with the regulations of the Commissioner, the Board has adopted a plan for the effective participation of parents, students, teachers, administrators, and the school board in shared-decision-making at the building level. This plan specifies:
1. the educational issues which are subject to decision sharing and cooperative planning at the school level;
2. the manner and extent of the expected involvement of all parties;
3. the means and standards by which all parties will evaluate improvement in student achievement;
4. the means by which all parties will be held accountable for the decisions made;
5. the process whereby disputes will be resolved at the local level; and
6. the manner in which all state and federal requirements for the involvement of parents in planning and decision-making will be coordinated with and met by the overall plan.
A copy of the Plan for Participation by Teachers and Parents in School-based Planning and Shared Decision-making shall be available in each school and at the central district office; individual copies of the plan will be provided upon request.
Ref: 8 NYCRR § 100.11
Adopted November 28, 1995
Adopted March 6, 2012
Revised, Adopted December 4, 2018