The budget calendar prepared by the Superintendent of Schools shall include:
- a schedule which sets forth all important meetings and dates, for budget proposals from within the district;
- commencement dates and deadlines for certain budgetary tasks such as the estimation of all revenues and income expected to be received by the district;
- events such as the preliminary dates for the Board of Education’s consideration of the tentative budget.
As part of the budget planning process, the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent for Business will evaluate:
- the educational philosophy, goals and objectives of the district and their modification where required;
- the district education program and support systems such as transportation, building operation and maintenance, and business affairs;
- census and enrollment projections;
- debt service schedules;
- the tax levy limit for the upcoming year and the possibility of voters overriding the limit if necessary; and
- estimated revenue from sources other than the property tax, such as state and federal aid.
Reviewed October 20, 1998 (Replaced)
Reviewed January 10, 2012
Reviewed and Adopted November 19, 2019