The Board of Education will designate and appoint an Audit Committee for purposes of overseeing and carrying out the Board’s audit policies and the performance of related duties and responsibilities. The District’s Audit Committee shall be comprised of at least three members appointed to serve on the committee on an annual basis. Employees of the school district are prohibited from serving on the committee.
The Audit Committee shall:
1. Recommend internal and external audit plans to the Board, specifying the areas of District operations to be reviewed for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, operating efficiency and effectiveness;
2. Receive and review the resulting audit reports; and propose recommendations to the Board for action as may be necessary and appropriate;
3. Receive and review the report of the external auditor on any findings commented on during the annual audit report, and the management response thereto, and propose recommendations to the Board for action as may be necessary and appropriate;
4. Oversee the selection of the internal auditor and the external auditor, pursuant to the relevant Board policies, and make recommendations to the Board for appointment to said positions; and
5. Perform any other responsibilities outlined by the Board and/or as listed in the District’s Audit Committee Charter.
The Board of Education does not expect the Audit Committee to participate in or be responsible for the day to day operations of the school district or in the decisions that are the responsibility of the Superintendent of Schools or Assistant Superintendent for Business, or the other district administrators.
Ref: Education Law §2116-c
8 NYCRR §170.12 (d)
[Note: Approved by the Guilderland C.S.D. Audit Committee – December 2011.]
Adopted March 5, 2013
Reviewed and Adopted December 10, 2019