School supply lists, by grade, for the 2019-20 school year at Altamont Elementary School can be found below.
Individual Supplies (labeled)
- Large Backpack, labeled with your child’s name
- 1 Take Home Folder, labeled with your child’s name (plastic folders last the longest)
- Headphones, labeled with your child’s name (to be kept in the classroom for iPad use)
- 1 Pocket Folder (with 3 prongs), labeled with your child’s name
- Scissors, labeled with your child’s name
- Plastic Pencil Box, labeled with your child’s name to be used for a math tool kit in K/1
Community Supplies (not labeled)
- One Package of Fat Washable Markers (Crayola seem to work best)
- 4 Skinny Dry Erase Markers
- 1 Package of 24 crayons (Crayola seem to work best)
- 1 Box of Tissues
- 4 Glue Sticks
- If your child’s first name starts with the letters A-I, please send in a box of sandwich size ziploc bags and disinfecting wipes.
- If your child’s first name starts with the letters J-Z, please send in a box of gallon size ziploc bags and baby wipes.
- Optional Supplies: Small Dixie cups, glue bottles
Please send your child to school with a small healthy snack every day.
We strongly encourage that the kids bring reusable water bottles every day too. They will definitely use them throughout every day all year long. Please label!
You only need to label the above items that are indicated. In an effort to build community, all markers, crayons, glue and other materials will go into classroom containers to be shared throughout the year.
- Two to three packages of Pencils (“Ticonderoga” and sharpened) A box of 24 Crayons (with your name on it)
- A box of classic-colored markers (with your name) Scissors (with your name)
- Six to Eight glue sticks
- 2 pencil boxes (not oversized) (1 for supplies & 1 for math tool kit) One Pocket folder (used as a “take home” folder)
- A backpack (no wheels please-they are difficult to fit in lockers) Two boxes of tissues
- A smock to wear to art (with your name on it) A healthy, daily snack and drink
- One (3 pack) of sticky notes
- One marble composition notebook (with your name) Two dry erase markers (any color)
- One box of Dixie cups (small 3 oz.)
- One plastic container of disinfecting wipes
Check your classroom teacher’s letter for any additional supplies
One the first day of school, please bring in your favorite book to share with the class. We may not be reading all of it, but you will show it to your classmates.
We may need to replenish supplies as the year progresses. Thank you for your cooperation! Have a wonderful summer and we will see you soon!
- Two dozen #2 sharpened pencils (Ticonderoga or USA Gold preferably) – to be shared by the class
- One Pack black dry erase markers
- Box of crayons (no more than 24 count)
- One box of thin markers (Crayola 8 or 12 pack)
- One box of thick markers (Crayola 8 or 12 pack)
- Colored Pencils (8 or 12 pack, sharpened)
- Eight Glue Sticks
- Scissors (labeled with your child’s name)
- Supply box to hold crayons, colored pencils, etc. One plastic pocket folder (daily folder)
- Four pocket folders (1 blue, 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)
- One inch binder (any color)
- Four packs Post-its (3 X 3 size, any color)
- Two large pink pearl erasers
- Two marble notebooks
- Two boxes of Kleenex
- Smock or old shirt for Art Class
- Headphones (please find headphones that have a straight connector)
Special Note: Please label the following: folders, smocks, marble notebook
- Sturdy Take Home Folder
- One inch white binder with clear front pocket
- Two marble composition notebooks – Wide Ruled
- Seven pocket folders (1 of each: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple). We will provide name labels for all the folders, notebooks and the binder.
- Pencils – Two boxes of Ticonderoga pencils Post-it notes (2 X 3)
- Package of 3 glue sticks
- You don’t need to label pencils, post-it notes and glue sticks because we share them as a class.
- Colored Pencils Crayons
- Pencil/crayon box for storage
- Box of tissues
- Art Smock
- 3 boxes Ticonderoga #2 pencils with erasers (sharpened) One box of crayons and/or markers
- 4-6 packages of square 3 X 3 Post-it notes
- 1 package of (3 X 3 or larger) Post It Notes
- 1 smaller container Cleaning Wipes
- A sturdy take home folder with 3-hole punch and pockets
- Earbuds/headphones (a must)
- 2 boxes of tissues (thank you in advance)
- 3 marble composition notebooks – S.S./Science, Math & Writing (single subject lined and any color)
- 1 Dry Erase Marker (any color/size)
Reminder: Special classes (P.E., Music & Art) require sneakers and participation.
- 3 composition notebooks
- One 1-subject spiral notebook
- One 1 ½” 3 ring binder (not soft cover – durable – with clear plastic cover slip)
- Pocket folders (please be sure to have at least one yellow, red, green, blue, purple) Please NO clips/fasteners in the folders!
- Durable homework folder of your choice Pencil box/bag
- Sharpened #2 pencils (lots) Colored pencils or crayons Markers
- 1 package of white lined paper (wide ruled) Post-its (approx. 2” X 2”)
- 4 glue sticks
- Dry erase markers & sock/eraser for dry erase markers Scissors
- 1 box of tissues Headphones/Earbuds (for computers) Additional “supplies” you’ll need:
- 1 Picture of you doing something you enjoy (can be with friends, family, pets, etc.) and one picture of just you