Position(s): High School Aide/Monitor –7.5 hours per day
(10 month, 194 days)
Location: Guilderland High School
Starting Date: October 1, 2019
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and the public as well as maintain confidentiality.
- A pleasant demeanor and demonstration of good judgment and the ability to use problem-solving skills in stressful situations would be essential in this position.
- Regular attendance, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation and the ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions are normal expectations of the job.
- The ability to walk, stand, sit, use close vision, distance vision, and have the ability to hear and communicate.
- The ability to lift and move tables (Cafeteria Monitoring).
- The ability to immerse hands in disinfecting water to wash down tables (Cafeteria Monitoring).
- The ability to assist with maintaining traffic flow and parking protocols in our front, side, and rear lots.
- The ability to learn how to assist our Receptionist with the processing of guest information in our E-Z Lobby computer system.
- Successful passing of fingerprint and background checks as per federal/state requirements.
- The ability to handle various duties throughout the building and assist administrator and staff as needed.
- The quality of being dependable, flexible, and respectful to others.
- The ability to relate well and enjoy working with high school age students.
Salary: based on experience
Application Deadline: September 12, 2019
Apply to: Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Submit completed Guilderland Central School District application.
Applications also available at District Office
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.