POSITION: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2020
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
SALARY: 12 Month Position – Competitive-depending on experience and qualifications.
New York State Certification as a School District Administrator (SDA); School District or Business Leader (SDL/SDBL); or applicable Civil Service title i.e. Director of Human Resources (with public school district experience)
- Five years successful administrative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of central office leadership team.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to address the multiplicity of issues affecting human resource management in a public school setting.
- Demonstrated administrative ability and experience in a team-based professional learning community.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of teacher certification requirements and NYSED regulations.
- Strong evidence of commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and the physical stamina required by the position.
- Ability to create positive relationships and trust among staff.
- Evidence of exceptional human relations and group problem solving skills.
- Sound judgement and willingness to show initiative and function effectively as a team member.
- Sense of humor.
- Adaptable to changing organizational and instruction needs; continues to learn.
- Knowledgeable of NYS Education and Civil Service Law and Commissioner’s Regulations.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of all personnel functions including selection, personnel file management, assignment, evaluation, tenure process, discipline and termination of employees.
- Manages activities of staff within the Office of Human Resources.
Compliance officer: Records Access, FOIL, Civil Service Law, ADA, Title IX, FMLA, HIPPA, etc.
- Directs the budget operation for the Human Resources Office including maintaining position control data for the annual budget preparation.
- Works with school and district administrators in making staffing recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools.
- Coordinates the submission of Human Resources data to the appropriate agencies.
- Assumes a leadership role and serves as the Superintendent’s representative in matters related to negotiations and employee relations including grievances and complaints and investigations.
- Prepares and presents the personnel agenda for all Board of Education meetings.
- Keeps informed of federal and state laws, court decisions, education law, civil service regulations and other matters relevant to personnel.
- Promotes and implements programs of employee recognition.
- Assumes the responsibility of problem solving and making recommendations regarding issues that arise in human relations functions.
- Other duties assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following by January 17, 2020:
1. A letter of application and resume.
2. College credentials – including transcripts.
3. Evidence of NYS Certification or applicable Civil Service title
4. Placement folder or at least three current letters of recommendation.
To: Marie Wiles, Ph.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road, P.O. Box 18
Guilderland, NY 12085
The Guilderland Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Title IX Officer, Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, PO Box 18. Guilderland Center, NY 12085