Position: Bus Aide/Monitor – Westmere Elementary – 1 hour/day (2 p.m.-2:45 p.m., bus departs and returns to Westmere Elementary, paid 1 full hour)
Location: Westmere Elementary School
Application Deadline: 10/16/19
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Salary: Based on experience
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and the public as well as maintain confidentiality.
- A pleasant demeanor and demonstration of good judgment and the ability to use problem-solving skills in stressful situations would be essential in this position.
- Regular attendance, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation and the ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions are normal expectations of the job.
- The ability to walk, stand, sit, use close vision, distance vision, and have the ability to hear and communicate.
- Successful passing of fingerprint and background checks as per federal/state requirements.
- The ability to handle various duties throughout the building and assist administrator and staff as needed.
- The quality of being dependable, flexible, and respectful to others.
- The ability to relate well and enjoy working with Elementary School age students
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.