NOTICE OF VACANCY
Job Title: Cook
Location: Guilderland HS
Hours: 6.5 hours with ½ hour unpaid lunch
Effective: Jan. 8, 2018
The cook works under the supervision of the School Lunch Director and performs manual work related to the preparation and serving of food. While performing the duties of this job, the Food Service Worker is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch; and talk and hear. The cook must frequently lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Heat/reheat food for meal service daily.
- Inventory, order and stock food and supplies.
- Maintain a variety of records including those related to production records, daily reports, register tapes and receipts.
- Serve food on the serving lines.
- Monitor refrigerator temperatures on a regular basis.
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and serving area.
- Performs daily tasks as needed including operating the dishwasher, ringing the register and setting up for meetings.
- Communicates with the School Lunch Director regarding repairs and complaints or suggestions from building staff.
- Attend meetings and in-service as required.
The cook should demonstrate the ability to meet work schedules and maintain output of work under normal conditions. Regular attendance, dependability, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation with supervisors and fellow employees and ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions are normal expectations of the job.
The cook should demonstrate a working knowledge of the proper methods of cooking and serving food, the use of food utensils, appliances and equipment, of cleaning methods and the use of cleaning materials and equipment, and the economical and efficient use of supplies, equipment and food. The cook should demonstrate the ability to get along with others including building staff and children. The cook must be able follow simple to complex oral and written instructions.
Apply in Writing: Megan Beck, School Lunch Director
Apply by: Dec. 21, 2018