POSITION: Coach – Head Varsity Softball Coach
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Application Deadline: September 6, 2019
- All applicants must show valid evidence that they have a First Aid Skills card, 12 hours (valid for 3 years). They also must show valid evidence that has an Adult CPR/AED training card, 4 hours, (valid for 1 year). These NYSED regulations took place on December 1, 2002
- As per Commissioner’s Regulations 135.4 all, non-physical education teachers, in addition to First Aid and CPR/AED requirements must;
- Complete an approved course in Philosophy, Principles and Organization in Athletics in Education within two years of initial BOE appointment.
- Complete a course on Health Sciences Applied to Coaching within five years of initial BOE appointment
- Within the same five years , complete a course on Theory and Techniques of Coaching the sport or sports for which they are employed
- Has the ability to organize, supervise and create a vision for the total sports program
- The candidate must have extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport. At the same time, they must continue to examine new and relevant procedures to the designated sport or the art of coaching theories
- The candidate must have previous successful coaching experience in the assigned sport
- To carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program and the athletic program in general. These duties will be outlined by the Athletic Administrator and Guilderland School District Administration
- To properly instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual, and team success.
- The Athletic Administrator, who provides the overall objectives and final evaluation with the Building Administrators.
- A staff of all assigned sub-varsity appointed coaches in conjunction with the Athletic Administrator and the respective Building Administrator.
All applicants should inquire in writing to
Director of Athletics
Guilderland High School
P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.