Starting Date: December 1, 2019
- Increase Recycling at all levels throughout the district
- Maintains the districts single stream recycling efforts
- Explore ways to increase revenue from recycled products and lower or eliminate disposal costs for other items such as computers, light bulbs, batteries, etc. that must be recycled. Reports Recycling data to the District Office as needed.
- Decrease overall waste output
- Work with building staff, student groups and current refuse removal provider(s) to Improve existing recycling programs and suggest potential conservation measures
- Monitor, evaluate and identify ways to reduce paper consumption.
- Develop & monitor waste removal schedule for best efficiency; negotiates credits for missed pick ups
- Research green initiatives, identify and implement best practices that can be replicated district-wide
- Develop programs at all levels throughout the district to educate students, staff, parents and community members about recycling and conservation.
- Coordinates two (2) annual community recycling events and reports back to District Office the results of events (attendance, quantities of recycled product, etc.)
- Maintains current contact information for all recycling vendors/partners, engaged staff members and community volunteers to promote recycling program growth
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities
- Available during the day
- Reliable Transportation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Pertinent Educational Background Preferred
- Knowledge of Guilderland Central School District preferred
Salary: $5,000.00 annual stipend
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
Apply to: Dr. Lin Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, Guilderland Central School District, PO Box 381, 8 School Road, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.