The bi-annual GCSD Recycling Extravaganza will be held at Farnsworth Middle School on Saturday, October 17th from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. This community-wide event is open to both residents and non-residents of the school district. No certificate of residency is required. All items are dropped off at no charge to attendees.
All items will be re-used, repurposed and/or recycled by the following organizations:
- Troy Bike Rescue – Bikes, bikes, bikes!
- 15 Love – Books
- E-waste +: Electronics only
- American Clothing Company – Clothing
- Got Sneakers -Used sneakers and cleats (no boots or shoes please)
- 3N Document Destruction, Inc. – Paper Shredding of Confidential Documents
- County Waste and Recycling – Cardboard
For more information on the upcoming event, please contact Holly Kernozek, Recycling Coordinator, GCSD Facilities Department at 518-861-5246, ext. 301.
Location: Farnsworth Middle School, located at 6072 State Farm Rd, Guilderland, NY in the Front parking lot.
A clearly marked guided traffic flow pattern will be clearly indicated as it takes into account COVID19 social distancing requirements. All volunteers will be masked and tables will separate you from our Recycling team partners in order to maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- Bikes, trikes, scooters: In working condition or not; all will be accepted
- Books: In good condition for donation or in any condition for recycling (NO textbooks or magazines)
- Electronics: Allowed items are: servers/server racks, flat-screen monitors, networking equipment, printers/copiers/scanners, cell phones, wires, keyboards, UPSs/battery backups, electronic parts, audio equipment, toner/ink cartridges, household electronics (microwaves, VCRs, lamps, game consoles, etc.
- Textiles and clothing: Clothing, paired shoes, towels, pocketbooks, belts, fabrics, blankets, comforters, bedsheets and stuffed animals (clean)
- New or Used sneakers and cleats (no boots or shoes please)
- Confidential Document Shredding
- Redeemable soda cans and bottles – to donate. Members of the GCSD Facilities Department Recycling Team will be collecting. These must be in plastic bags and tied off.
The following items will not be accepted as we cannot recycle them:
- NO Furniture or Tires
- NO Scrap Metals
- NO older Televisions (CRTs), picture tube Monitors
- NO Smoke Detectors, thermometers, light bulbs/ballasts, thermostats
- NO Items that are wet, moldy, toxic or dangerous in any manner will be accepted
- NO Pillows, carpets or area rugs tires and garbage are not accepted and will be rejected