Grade 6 student orientation is set for Wednesday, Sept. 5 from 8:45 to 10 a.m.
What to expect
- Students will be picked up at their AM bus stop location, and after orientation will depart the middle school at approximately 10 a.m. Please allow for some flexibility with this departure time as it is the first experience for our students.
- We want to ensure someone is there for students when they arrive back home.
- Students are strongly encouraged to ride bus both ways for this event.
- Students should report to their assigned homeroom. This information is available on SchoolTool. Staff members will be present to assist students finding their homerooms.
- Students will spend the morning with their assigned team teachers. Grade 7 and 8 students will not be in the building on this morning.
Buildings tours for students and families
FMS will be conducting building tours on Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28 from noon to 3 p.m. Incoming sixth-graders and their families are encouraged to join the tour.
Current FMS students will take the incoming students and their families on complete tours of the building and areas that will be frequented by sixth-graders. Students are encouraged to ask questions! If you cannot attend these dates please call FMS to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
If you have any questions regarding the information above please do not hesitate to contact FMS at (518) 456-6010.