The Guilderland Central School District is seeking a Licensed Occupational Therapist (OTR/L) to travel within the GCSD.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion and graduation from an accredited occupational therapy professional program.
- Prior experience as a school-based occupational therapist, preferred.
- NYS certification and licensure as an occupational therapist.
- Travel within the district is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of occupational therapy theories, models of practice, principles, and evidence-based evaluation and practice to guide intervention decisions K-12.
- Knowledge of the federal, state, local legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that mandate and guide occupational therapy practice in schools.
- Ability to use professional literature, evidence-based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions.
- Ability to provide legal and ethical supervision of occupational therapy assistants.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment.
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice and to meet N.Y. licensure requirements.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: Sept. 1, 2020
How to Apply:
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.
Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to:
Title IX Officer, Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, PO Box 18. Guilderland Center, NY 12085