- All applicants must show valid evidence that they have a First Aid Skills card, 12 hours (valid for 3 years). They also must show valid evidence that have an Adult CPR/AED training card, 4 hours, (valid for 1 year). These NYS ED regulations took place on December 1, 2002
- As per Commissioner’s Regulations 135.4 all, non-physical education teachers, in addition to First Aid and CPR/AED requirements must; Complete an approved course in Philosophy, Principles and Organization in Athletics in Education within two years of initial BOE appointment.
- Complete a course on Health Sciences Applied to Coaching within five years of initial BOE appointment. Within the same five years, complete a course on Theory and Techniques of Coaching the sport or sports for which they are employed.
- Has knowledge and background in the sport
- It is preferred but not required that the candidate have previous coaching experience
- To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program and the athletic program in general. These duties will be outlined by the Head Coach, Athletic Administrator and Guilderland School District Administration.
- To properly instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual, and team success.
- Athletic Administrator
- Building Administrators
How to apply:
- APPLY ON OLAS
- Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
- Guilderland Central School District
- 8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment