Position: District-wide Recycling/Conservation Coordinator
Starting Date: April 29, 2019
- Increase Recycling at all levels throughout the District.
- Maintains the District’s single stream recycling efforts.
- Reports recycling data to the District Office as needed.
- Decrease overall waste output.
- Work with building staff, student groups and current refuse removal provider(s) to improve existing recycling programs and suggest potential conservation measures.
- Monitor, evaluate and identify ways to reduce paper consumption.
- Develop and monitor waste removal schedule for optimal efficiency and negotiate credits for missed pick-ups.
- Research green initiatives, identify and implement best practices that can be replicated throughout the District.
- Develop programs at all levels throughout the District to educate students, staff, parents and community members about recycling and conservation.
- Coordinate two (2) annual community recycling events.
- Maintain current contact information for all recycling vendors/partners, engaged staff members and community volunteers to promote recycling program growth.
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities.
- Available during the day.
- Reliable transportation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Pertinent educational background preferred.
- Knowledge of Guilderland Central School District preferred.
Salary: $5,000 annual stipend
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Apply To: Dr. Lin Severance
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road, PO Box 18
Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Posting Date: March 5, 2019
Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our programs or employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, marital or veteran status, national origin or gender.