The Guilderland Central School District is seeking a School Counselor at the Middle School level for probationary appointments.
NYS certification as a school counselor required.
- Provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development for all students.
- Provide direct student services including:
- Implementing the school counseling curriculum to students focused through the lens of selected student standards from the ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success.
- Assisting students in goal setting based on academic, career and social/emotional data through individual and group activities.
- Providing planned, short-term and goal-focused counseling.
- Consulting and collaborating with staff to support student achievement.
- Guiding and counseling individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Start Date: August 25, 2020
How to Apply:
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.
Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to: Title IX Officer, Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, PO Box 18. Guilderland Center, NY 12085