Special Education Teacher Elementary-Self-Contained (1.0 FTE)
Tenure Area: Special Education
Guilderland Central School District seeks to fill 1.0 Elementary Special Education Teacher (Grades K-2) positions for the 2019-2020 school year. The full time position will be probationary appointment. The position is for a self-contained teaching position working with students who are eligible for the New York State Alternative Assessment Exams and have delays in cognition, communication, and adaptive behavior skills. Starting September 1, 2019. Salary as per contract. Please apply through OLAS and upload letter of interest, resume, and references.
- Must hold the following certifications: NYS Students with Disabilities Birth-Grade 2 and/ or NYS Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6. Multiple certifications preferred including NYS Certification in Literacy .
- Individual must possess good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, be well organized, as well as have an understanding of elementary curriculum, IEPs, and modifications.
- Experience with behavior interventions, curriculum modifications, and working as a team are essential.
- Candidate must work collaboratively with general education teachers.
- Experience in elementary settings preferred.