The Guilderland Central School District has an immediate opening for a NYS certified Elementary School Speech/Language Pathologist.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion and graduation from an accredited speech and language disabilities program.
- NYS certification in speech/language disabilities required or Teacher of Speech/Hearing Impaired.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (ASHA) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of speech/language therapy theories, models of practice, principles, and evidence-based evaluation and practice to guide intervention decisions K-12.
- Knowledge of the federal, state, local legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that mandate and guide speech/language therapy practice in schools.
- Ability to use professional literature, evidence-based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve students’ goals.
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and performance within the school environment.
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice and to meet N.Y. licensure requirements.
Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Immediate opening for remainder of school year. Possible probationary appointment effective Sept. 1, 2020.
Salary: $170 per day
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020
How to Apply:
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.
Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to:
Title IX Officer, Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, PO Box