POSITION: Speech/Language Pathologist – Probationary
Anticipated start date September 2019
Travel within district required
Elementary and private schools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion and graduation from an accredited speech and language disabilities program
- NYS certification in speech/language disabilities required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (ASHA) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and use of speech/language therapy theories, models of practice, principles, and evidence based evaluation and practice to guide intervention decisions K-12.
- Knowledge of the federal, state, local legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that mandate and guide speech/language therapy practice in schools.
- Ability to use professional literature, evidence based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve students’ goals.
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and performance within the school environment.
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice and to meet N.Y. licensure requirements.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
APPLY ON OLAS
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.