NYSED certification & TV studio production experience preferred
Candidates without NYSED certification must meet Albany County Civil Service minimum requirements for this title
Note: The selected applicants will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
- Supervision, management, and instruction of TV News Studio student programs;
- Supervision, management, and instruction of student projects during Access periods;
- Knowledge of video production process including but not limited to: editing, set-up technical assistance, studio maintenance;
- Oversight of our daily TV news broadcast, public service announcements and recording of certain school functions;
- Collaboration with other FMS teachers and staff on interdisciplinary projects;
- Some evening work required.
- Experience with multiple editing, video, audio and production platforms and software;
- Ability to interact appropriately with students, teachers and supervisors;
- Commitment to child-centered philosophy and a willingness to work with students;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and staff;
- Demonstration of good judgment, problem-solving skills and maintain confidentiality;
- Regular attendance, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation and the ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Salary Range: $29,000-$32,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
* Handbook of Benefits and Related Procedures for Technology Personnel
Application Deadline: Jan. 17, 2020
APPLY ON OLAS
Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.