The Guilderland School District maintains a master list of substitute certified teachers, certified teaching assistants, teacher aides, monitors, typists, registered nurses and food service workers. This list is used by each of the schools to contact substitutes when a regular employee is absent
Instructional substitutes (teachers and nurses)
The Guilderland Central School District would be pleased to have your name appear on our master Substitute Teacher List. Only those holding teacher certification will be placed on the Certified Substitute List for Guilderland. All substitute teachers and nurses will be processed by the Capital Region BOCES Substitute Coordination Service ONLY. Please do not contact the Office of Human Resources if you wish to be a substitute teacher or nurse. Instead, please call Capital Region BOCES at 518-464-5127.
Teacher substitute rates for the 2023-2024 school year are as follows:
- $120 per full-day (Certified)
- $105 per full-day (District approved non-certified)
- $170 per day for long-term service – i.e. 15 consecutive days for the same teacher (retroactive to the first day of service).
- $150 Guilderland Retired Teacher
Work day is 7:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The expectation and the rate of pay is determined based on the elementary teacher work day. Pay for any substitutes working less than a full day would be prorated for that day. If substitutes leave and sign out before 3:15, the pay would not be at the full-day rate.
Farnsworth Middle School
Work day is 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (1/2 day AM, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 1/2 day PM, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Guilderland High School
Work day 7:25 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. Rates are determined by half or full day
Substitute support staff workers (teaching assistants) and non-instructional substitutes
The Guilderland Central School District would also be pleased to have your name appear on our master substitute list. Only those holding certification will be eligible to work as a teaching assistant for Guilderland. Please complete ALL of the following forms (required for employment) and return them in person, with the proper forms of identification, to the Office for Human Resources:
- Substitute Applications: Teaching Assistant; Substitute Teaching Assistant
- Civil Service Application, ACS-21 (except teaching assistants)
- W-4 form
- Fingerprinting and Security Background Check *Please note: Fingerprinting costs and appointments will be overseen by the district for substitutes and new hires for non-instructional staff. This includes: bus drivers, bus attendants, aide/monitors, food service, custodial and maintenance, auto mechanics and clerical.
- Retirement system information, and
- Form I-9 – Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which must be filled out in the presence of a school representative. Bring qualifying documents from List A or Lists B and C.
These forms can be obtained by calling the Human Resources Office, 518-456-6200, ext. 0114.
Substitute pay rates for the 2023-2024 school year are as follows:
- Auto/Maintenance Mechanic – $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- Retired GCSD Maintenance Mechanic, Grounds – $25.00
- Bus Attendant – $15.00 per hour
- Retired GCSD Bus Attendant – Last rate of pay of the Retiree
- Bus Driver – $21.00 per hour
- Secretary/Clerical – $ 16.95 per hour
- Retired GCSD Secretary/Clerical – $20.00 per hour
- Retired GCSD D.O. Mgmt. Confidential
- Accountant $30.00
- Custodial Worker/Maintenance – $15.00 per hour
- Food Service Worker – $15.00 per hour
- Teacher Aide/Monitor – $15.00 per hour
- Teaching Assistant – $17.50 per hour
- Retired GCSD Teaching Assistant – $20.00
- Licensed Practical Nurse – $20.00 per hour
- Registered Nurse – $27.00 per hour
Please note: Hired teachers and teaching assistants are responsible for their own fingerprint clearance.