All school community members deserve to be seen, safe and welcome.
At the Guilderland Central School District, our mission is to inspire all students to be active life-long learners to achieve their highest potential in a demanding and ever-changing global community. Our responsibility is to ensure ALL of our students, families and employees are heard, seen, safe, valued, respected and welcome in our school community.
What are we doing about diversity, equity and inclusion?
The district is continuously looking for ways to acknowledge challenges, identify needed changes and find new ways to foster a safe, diverse school environment where all are heard, seen, safe, valued, respected and welcome.
Here are some steps we are taking now:
- Providing and prioritizing ongoing professional development focused on equity, diversity and inclusion for district employees
- Examining and adjusting our recruitment and hiring practices to hire more diverse candidates
- Encouraging faculty to foster a learning environment of kindness, curiosity, critical thinking and respect for different perspectives
- Establishing a long-standing Board of Education Equity and Diversity Committee
- Supporting the Guilderland High School Anti-Racism Committee
- Creating a section on the district website that highlights and reports the work of the district for community stakeholders to see and support what’s happening