A local board of education is an agency of New York State governed by New York state law and the regulations of the commissioner of education. The Guilderland Central School District Board of Education has the power to develop policies, rules and regulations for the operation of our school system.
There are nine residents on the Guilderland Board of Education who serve, without pay, for a three-year term, except where there may be a vacancy for an unexpired term. On the third Tuesday in May, three members are elected on a rotating basis to a three-year term of office.
Members of the public can email the full GCSD Board and superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org. For public comment, please write “public comment” in the subject line of your email.
Those who run for membership on the Board of Education must:
- Be able to read and write
- Be a qualified voter of the district
- Not necessarily have to be a taxpayer
- Not be a family member of the Board of Education residing in the same household
- Not be an employee of the school district
- Be a resident of the district for at least one (1) year prior to their election
- Cannot hold two incompatible public offices simultaneously
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
Candidates must submit a petition to the district clerk signed by at least 82 qualified district voters. The petitions must include the following:
- Candidate’s name and residence
- Name, signature and residences of those signing the petition
Current Bids/Requests for Proposals (RFPs) at GCSD
No current bids or RFPs
Please note: If you have any problems accessing the information on this web page please contact the business office at 518-456-6200, ext. 3125.