Regular meetings of the Guilderland Board of Education are usually held Tuesday evenings, twice a month at 7 p.m. in the high school large group instruction (LGI) room (unless otherwise noted). All meetings are open to the public. Due to the Governor’s executive order temporarily changing the laws governing public meetings during the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Board of Education meetings will take place via videoconferencing or in-person and livestreamed to YouTube until further notice.
Board of Education Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Meeting agendas and minutes are posted on the district’s online board portal, which provides community members with comprehensive information about the GCSD Board of Education activities.
Submit a Question or Comment
Persons wishing to speak under the “Public Comment” section of the meetings should contact the District Clerk at 518-456-6200 ext. 3125 or via email email@example.com with “Public Comment” in the subject line.
To email the full GCSD Board and superintendent, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For public comment, please write “public comment” in the subject line of your email.
Watch the Board of Education Meetings
Watch Board meetings on YouTube
Watch the recording of board meetings on the GHS Media YouTube page.
- Go to the GHS Media YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3rV9PpqTNs1vkdrS7xHE4w
- Click on Videos
- Click on “Board of Education meeting, [date]”
Watch Board meetings on channels 1302/33
All Guilderland Board of Education meetings are broadcast live on channels 1302/33 within the Town of Guilderland. Meetings are generally re-broadcasted on the Friday following the meeting. The most recent Board meetings are also able to be viewed on the GHS Media YouTube page.
- July 1: Organizational Meeting. Watch the July 1 meeting.
- July 21: Goal setting. Watch the July 21 meeting.
- Aug. 11: Set tax rate. Watch th Aug. 11 meeting.
- Sept. 15: Regular meeting. Watch the Sept. 15 meeting.
- Sept. 23: Goal setting. Watch the Sept. 23 meeting.
- Oct. 6: Employee Recognition Award and regular meeting. Watch the Oct. 6 meeting.
- Oct. 20: Regular meeting. Watch the Oct. 20 meeting.
- Nov. 10: Regular meeting. State of the district presented, financials reviewed, the next steps for the Equity & Diversity Committee discussed, and more. Watch the Nov. 10 meeting.
- Nov. 17: Special Meeting to discuss the selection of members for the Equity and Diversity Committee. Not open to the public.
- Dec. 8: Regular meeting. Watch the Dec. 8 meeting.
- Jan. 12, 2021: Regular meeting to include updates on 2021-22 budget development and COVID-19 testing in schools. Watch the Jan. 12 meeting.
- Jan. 26: Regular meeting to include an outline of state aid and tax levy limit for the 2021-22 school year in addition to an overview of the bus and vehicle proposition voters will decide on. Watch the Jan. 26 meeting.
- Feb. 9: Regular meeting to include a presentation about social and emotional learning and mental health support in the district, results of the budget Thoughtexchanges and more. Watch the Feb. 9 meeting.
- March 2: Regular meeting. Watch the March 2 meeting.
- March 16: Regular meeting. Watch the March 16 meeting.
- March 23: Superintendent’s draft budget presentation and budget Q&A. Watch the March 23 meeting.
- March 30: Board’s Budget Workshop. Watch the March 30 meeting.
- April 13: Board action to adopt the proposed budget. Watch the April 13 meeting.
- April 22: BOCES Budget Vote and Election at 8:00 a.m.
- May 4: Budget Hearing
- May 18: Budget Vote and Election
- May 25: Regular meeting
- June 8: Regular meeting
- July 1: Organizational and regular meeting