2020-21 Budget Approved by Voters; Bus Proposition Passed
Guilderland Central School District residents voted by absentee ballot and approved the proposed $103 million budget for the 2020-21 school year with 4,906 yes votes and 2,524 no votes; this is a passing margin of 66 percent. This budget represents an increase in spending of $925,320 or 0.91 percent over the current year and will result in a 2.25 percent tax levy increase, meaning the district did not exceed its tax cap. Tax rates are estimated to increase by 2.25 percent for residents of the Town of Guilderland.
Voters also approved a $983,300 proposition to purchase four 66-passenger buses, three 66-passenger buses with chains, and one 60-passenger bus with wheelchair stations and air conditioning, with 4,681 yes votes and 2,729 no votes. Five GCSD Board of Education members were elected.
- Total Budget: $103,032,695
- Spending Increase: $925,320 (0.91%)
- Tax Levy Increase: $1,652,054 (2.25%)
2020-21 Budget Materials
- Watch the Budget Hearing from May 26, 2020
- 2020-21 Adopted Budget
- 2020-21 Appendices to Adopted Budget
- About the 2020-21 Budget Handout
- 2020-21 Budget Snapshot and Budget Notice
- View the 2020-21 School Budget Thoughtexchange results
Document Accessibility: If you have an accessibility issue with any documents shared on this page, please contact the Communications Office at (518) 456-6200 ext. 3115 to receive the information in an alternative format.