2019-20 budget approved by voters; revised capital project passed
On Tuesday, May 21, Guilderland Central School District residents approved a $102,107,375 budget for the 2019-20 school year by a vote of 2705 (yes) to 1414 (no). This budget represents a 1.17% increase in spending over the current year’s budget and will result in a 1.44% tax levy increase.
Voters also approved a revised capital construction project proposition for $30,926,000, as well as a $939,400 bus and equipment proposition, and elected three members to the Board of Education:
Kelly Person (2874)
Gloria Towle-Hilt (2844)
Barbara Fraterrigo (2743)
- Proposition 2: Voters to decide on $939,400 bus purchase proposition. Learn more about the bus proposition
- Board of Education candidates: Voters will select three board members to fill three 3-year terms. Learn more about the three candidates
- Budget Hearing document: This document, from the May 7 Board of Education meeting has helpful information, including budget summaries and information on the projected tax impact. View the budget hearing document
Budget Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We’ve compiled some frequently asked questions related to the 2019-20 budget. Learn more about the budget.
Board adopts budget on April 9
At the April 9 Board of Education meeting, the Board voted to adopt the proposed 2019-20 budget. On May 21, residents will go to the polls to vote on a proposed $102,107,375 budget for the 2019-20 school year. The proposal carries a 1.44 percent tax levy increase and results in an estimated 1.17 percent tax rate increase.
- View the 2019-20 Adopted Budget
- View the 2019-20 Appendices to Adopted Budget
- View the 2019-20 Transparency Report
Draft budget presented
At the March 5 Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Wiles and Assistant Superintendent Sanders gave a presentation on the draft 2019-2020 Budget.
What are our priorities? What do our students need?
- View the presentation for the 2019-20 Draft Budget for an overview of next year’s priorities. The presentation also includes a review of financial context for budget development, a summary of recommended proposals and what the next steps in the budget development process are.
Document Accessibility: If you have an accessibility issue with any documents shared on this page, please contact the Communications Office at (518) 456-6200 ext. 3115 to receive the information in an alternative format.