All new students entering the Guilderland Central School District must register with the district. If you do not know whether your residence is within the Guilderland Central School District boundaries or if you need information on which elementary school is in your attendance area, you can confirm by viewing the street listing information here or contact the Transportation Department at 518-861-6434.
Zeynep Rice, District Registrar
Phone: 518-456-6200, ext. 0109
Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year Has Begun
The Guilderland Central School District is accepting registrations for new Kindergarten students for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Special information sessions for all incoming kindergarten students are held every January.
- Information on sessions is emailed or posted to the district’s website in late December to families of incoming kindergarten students that are listed in our district census database.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 1 of the year they enter kindergarten to be eligible to attend school. Find more information about the entrance age policy.
How to Register a New Student
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, there are no walk-in registrations at this time. All registrations for new students are online. If you need help or cannot register online, please contact Zeynep Rice, District Registrar for assistance.
- Step 1: Complete and submit the online New Student Registration Form.
- Step 2: Parents/guardians will be contacted by the district registrar once the online registration is received and reviewed. You will be given directions and additional information about the next steps of the registration process.
- Step 3: Per the direction of the district registrar, you will submit the required documentation and completed forms to Zeynep Rice at email@example.com.
The documentation below will be requested by the district registrar after your online registration form has been confirmed:
- Child’s birth certificate (original with seal)
- Proof of district residency
- Proof of parental relationship
- Proof of the child’s immunizations
General Registration Information
Who Can Register
All persons residing in the district between the ages of five and twenty-one who have not received a high school diploma.
Children who reach their fifth birthday on or before December 1st of the year of matriculation are entitled to attend school and may be admitted to kindergarten.
Proof of age must be presented in the form of an original with seal or certified transcript:
- birth certificate, or
- baptismal certificate, or
- or passport.
At least two forms (one from Group 1 and one from Group 2) of verification of district residency are needed. School officials reserve the right to request additional documentation.
- Copy of most recent school tax bill (usually available at the house closing)
- Contract for purchase of home (seller/buyer information)
- Rental agreement (if applicable) or a notarized letter from landlord may be substituted
- Recent utility bill (water, electric, telephone, etc.)
- Paycheck stub
- W-2 information
A legal parent/guardian is required to complete new student registration. Proof of parental relationship can be presented in the form of one of the following:
- Birth certificate and parent/guardian photo ID
- Court adoption documents and parent/guardian photo ID
- Court custody documents and custodian’s photo ID
- Baptismal certificate and photo ID
- Court guardianship documents and guardian photo ID
- A notarized affidavit of emancipation
- Signed affidavit(s)