All new students entering the Guilderland Central School District must register at the District Office at 8 School Road, Guilderland Center, NY.
Appointments for registration are not required, but are preferred. Hours of registration are Monday through Friday, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Please contact District Registrar Zeynep Rice at 518-456-6200, ext. 3109, or email Ricez@guilderlandschools.net to make an appointment or for more information.
Parents must appear in person for registration, and must provide the following:
- Child’s birth certificate (original with seal)
- Proof of custody (necessary in the case of a non-parent or guardian agreement)
- Proof of district residency *
- Proof of child’s immunizations
* Please note that at least two forms (one from Group 1 and one from Group 2) of verification of district residency are needed. School officials reserve the right to request additional documentation.
- Copy of most recent school tax bill (usually available at the house closing)
- Contract for purchase of home (seller/buyer information)
- Rental agreement (if applicable) or a notarized letter from landlord may be substituted
- Recent utility bill (water, electric, telephone, etc.)
- Paycheck stub
- W-2 information
If you do not know whether your residence is within the Guilderland Central School District boundaries or if you need information on which elementary school is in your attendance area, contact the Transportation Department at 518-861-6434.
A special registration session for all incoming kindergarten students is held every January. Information on this session is mailed in late December to families of incoming kindergarten students that are listed in our district census database. Children must be 5 years old by December 1 of the year they enter kindergarten to be eligible to attend school.
Parents of eligible children who are not notified by mail should contact the district office at 518-456-6200.