** We are selling tickets to home varsity football games digitally this year. You can purchase tickets prior to your arrival at Guilderland or you can do it digitally at the entrance of the field.
The GCSD athletic program is founded on the principle that the playing field is an extension of the classroom and the athletic experience contributes to the growth of mind and body.
The cornerstones of the Dutchmen tradition were laid generations ago by some of the community’s most respected student-athletes, many of whom continue to be involved in the athletic program as supportive parents and sports boosters. While the names change from year to year, the principles they embodied remain the same–dedication and desire, cooperation and compassion, and the importance of working collectively toward a common goal. These are just some of the ideas that echo across the Guilderland playing fields and gymnasiums.
Each week, we highlight two student-athletes (Modified, Mod 9, Frosh, JV or Varsity level) for athletic accomplishments.
Athletics Information Night
Athletics Information Night was held on September 2 when important information about the fall season was communicated by Mr. Austin. If you missed the broadcast, here is a link to the video.
Guilderland Varsity Football Spectator Information
Attending a Guilderland varsity football
Purchase Tickets to Guilderland Football Games Digitally
We will be selling tickets digitally to all Guilderland home varsity football games. You can purchase tickets prior to your arrival at Guilderland before the game or the day of the game at the entrance gate. Tickets for Guilderland home football games can be purchased here.
Here are some helpful resources for digital ticket information:
- Friday, October 1: HOMECOMING Varsity Football vs Saratoga at 7 PM
- Monday, October 18: High school winter athletes (Varsity, JV, Freshman) should begin submitting the required health forms to the school nurse
- Monday, October 25: Modified winter athletes (Mod 9, Modified) should begin submitting the required health forms to the school nurse
- Monday, November 15: First day of Varsity, JV and Freshman winter sports
- Monday, November 22: First day of Modified winter sports
- Monday, February 14: High school spring athletes (Varsity, JV, Freshman) should begin submitting the required health forms to the school nurse
- Monday, February 21: Modified spring athletes (Mod 9, Modified) should begin submitting the required health forms to the school nurse
- Monday, March 14: First day of Varsity, JV and Freshman spring sports
- Monday, March 21: First day of Modified spring sports
Students interested in playing school sports are required to sign-up in the school health office. Students will be given a sports packet to be completed and returned (in person, by mail, or by fax (High School) 518-861-5151 or (Middle School) 518-456-3747 before being cleared by the nursing staff prior to participating in tryouts for a particular sport. Additional sports packets will be available in the health office.
The sports sign-up packet includes three forms:
- Athletic Form which includes emergency contact information
- Required NYS School Health Examination Form (Completed by private physician or school physician)**
- Health History Update (This form cannot be completed earlier than 30 days prior to the start of the season.)
**If our nurse has a valid physical on file (within the last calendar year), the NYS School Health Examination Form is not required. It is only required if we do not have a valid physical on file.
You can find the forms here and download and print.
All three forms must be handed in before your try-out/practice starts. Students who do not follow this process and have not been approved by the health office will be considered ineligible for sports until they are cleared by nursing staff or our athletic trainer.
- Grade 7 & 8 Students- Should drop off completed forms to FMS Nurse Beth Ford
- Grade 9-12 Students- Should drop off completed forms to GHS Nurse Amanda Vogel or Andrea Vink