Over the summer of 2020, the Guilderland High School Anti-Racist committee, made up of high school students, faculty and staff, pledged to foster anti-racism and spread the message of unity and what it means to be an anti-racist school community.
Guilderland High School Anti-Racist Mission Statement
We purposefully strive to be an anti-racist school community
- WE the students and staff of Guilderland High School commit to an active and earnest pursuit of anti-racism
- WE seek to challenge and dismantle racist ideology in our classrooms, school, and community at large
- WE will support the education and advocacy of anti-racist ideology and practice in our classrooms, school, and community at large
- WE are determined to foster and promote a more inclusive school environment, where the entire school community feels safe, heard and secure on the basis of race
- WE hold ourselves and our community accountable to challenging racism