- Block 1: 7:30 – 8:54 a.m.
- Homeroom: 9:02 – 9:12 a.m.
- Block 2: 9:20 – 10:44 a.m.
- Block 3: 0:52 a.m. – 12:51 p.m.
- Lunch Mod 1: 10:52 – 11:27 a.m.
- Lunch Mod 2: 11:21 – 11:56 a.m.
- Lunch Mod 3: 11:49 a.m. – 12:24 p.m.
- Lunch Mod 4: 12:16 – 12:51 p.m.
- Block 4: 12:59 – 2:23 p.m.
- Activity Period: 2:23 – 3:10 p.m.
Constructed in 1953 (with additions and upgrades added in 1955, 1959, 1965, 1997, and 2009), Guilderland High School provides a comprehensive program which is designed to prepare its 1,800+ students for success, whether it be to continue their post-secondary education or to enter the work force immediately. Approximately 95% of our graduating seniors go on to college. The high school follows an alternate day block scheduling format, consisting of four daily 85-minute periods. Teachers are committed to their disciplines, believe in their students and are dedicated to their students’ success.
In grades 9-12, there are more than 165 teachers (including special subject areas and 2 RNs) and three assistant principals. In addition, five department supervisors work with faculty in the areas of English & social studies, math & science, music, foreign language and art. The district is also served by a director of health, physical education and interscholastic athletics. There are 75 support personnel which includes teacher aides, teaching assistants, monitors, cafeteria workers, custodians and office staff.
Other features of the high school program include:
- A broad array of more than 300 core courses and electives.
- Increasing numbers of GHS students earn college credit through participation in several advanced placement and Syracuse University Project Advance (SUPA) courses. Currently, the high school offers five SUPA and twelve AP courses.
- An emphasis on professional development and curriculum work as vital components of our educational program.
- A strong commitment to both the performing and fine arts.
- A wide range of educational co-curricular and interscholastic athletic programs.
- NYS School Report Card
GHS Alma Mater
“Oh Guilderland, dear Guilderland Beneath the stately Helderbergs. We’re here to sing our praise of thee And ever loyal we shall be. We raise our voice in song and know, That our victorious school shall grow, In spirit strong and o’er the rest, Our Alma Mater is the best.”