Courses required for high school graduation:
(23 units of credit are required for a Guilderland High School Diploma)
English – 4.0 Credits
Social Studies – 4.0 Credits
Math – 3.0 Credits
Science – 3.0 Credits
Language – 1.0 Credit
Health – 0.5 Credit
The Arts – 1.0 Credit
Phys. Ed – 2.0 Credits
Electives – 4.5 Credits
Total: 23 Credits
Diploma type is determined by passing the following New York State assessments:
Minimum score of 65 required on all exams.
- 1 Math Regents exam
- 1 Science Regents exam
- 1 Social Studies Regents exam
- 1 English Regents exam
AND at least one of the following:
- Humanities Pathway: A minimum score of 65 on a second Social Studies Regents exam or state-approved alternative.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Pathway: A minimum score of 65 on a second Science Regents exam or a minimum score of 65 on a second Math Regents exam or a state-approved alternative.
- Bi-literacy/Language other than English (LOTE) Pathway: Completion of a LOTE sequence and state-approved LOTE assessment.
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) Pathway: Completion of a state-approved CTE program and state-approved assessment.
- Arts Pathway: Completion of an arts sequence and state-approved arts assessment (This assessment has yet to be determined at this time).
- Career Development Occupational Studies (CDOS) Pathway: Completion of 216 hours of CTE coursework including 54 hours of work-based-learning as well as a completed career plan and employability profile.
Regents with Advanced Designation Diploma:
Follow the Humanities Pathway plus the additional tests listed below, with a minimum score of 65 required:
- 2 additional Math Regents exams
- 1 additional Science Regents exam
- 3-4 credits in World Languages & Cultures and a minimum score of 65 on Checkpoint B exam OR a 5-credit sequence in Art & Design, Music, Business, Technology, or Career & Technical Education (CTE).