Student Parking Information and Guidelines
Parking at Guilderland High School is a privilege, per Guilderland Board of Education Policy.
Parking applicants must read and agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined below. Failure to follow the terms and conditions may result in the loss of parking privileges and possible further disciplinary actions.
Thursday, Sept. 5 through Friday, Sept. 27, 2019
- All applicants may pay and receive their parking permits at their time of application in the School Store during normal operating hours.
- The registration fee of $50/yearly should be paid by check. Please make checks payable to Guilderland High School. Permits are issued on a per semester basis. Students may pay for both semesters in the Fall or if they begin to drive after 1st semester, they may pay for only second semester. Permits are NOT pro-rated.
- After September 27, students who park on campus without a permit will receive a disciplinary referral and hold on student accounts. All permits may be obtained in the school store during normal operating hours.
- Students who park illegally in designated handicapped parking spots or in a fire lane may be ticketed by the Guilderland Police Department in addition to possible disciplinary action.
- Tickets and impoundment are only approved and requested by the building principal or his/her designee (when principal is out of the building). Students are responsible for all fees involved with ticketing and impoundment.
- The school is not responsible or liable for any damage to, or loss of vehicle or personal property. Students will keep their vehicles locked at all times while parked on campus.
Student Parking Guidelines
Rules have been established to promote and maintain a safe environment for all. Students are expected to adhere to all NYS Department of Motor Vehicles laws pertaining to the operation of vehicles while at Guilderland High School. Failure to do so will result in the loss of permission to operate a vehicle on school property, citations, disciplinary consequences and/or vehicle impoundment.
To receive a parking permit for the year, each student must submit the following materials to be retained by the office until destroyed at the conclusion of the year:
– A Student Parking Application and Agreement form signed by both parent/guardian and the student
– A copy of his/her current valid NYS driver’s license
– A copy of the valid vehicle registration
– A copy of the current valid car insurance identification card (please check the dates on the card!)
– Payment in the amount of $50 made payable to Guilderland High School
*Applications will not be accepted if: they are not fully complete, are not accompanied by all four valid documents, and/or full payment is not submitted. Please check the expiration date on your insurance card before you apply.
All student vehicles on campus must possess a current parking permit, and clearly display it. The permit must be displayed so that it is visible at all times. All parking permits will be numbered in order to identify student vehicles.
Students will not be allowed to go to their cars during the school day without administrative approval. If approval is given, the student must present his/her pass to the monitor on duty at either the main or new gym entrances before exiting the building and must re-enter through that same entrance. Any student who fails to follow this procedure will result in disciplinary consequences.
Temporary permits may be granted on an individual basis for severe family hardship and will be offered at the discretion of the administrator in charge of parking. Parents and students must notify the administrator in charge of parking prior to bringing the vehicle to school. A temporary permit will be issued once it is verified and approved by the administration.
School officials have the right to search a student’s vehicle while it is on campus.
- The following rules apply for maintaining your parking privileges:
- No tardiness to classes or study hall
- No driving recklessly or exceeding the speed limit on campus
- No driving off campus without permission
- No dropping students in areas not designated for this purpose
- No parking in faculty lots before 3:30 p.m. while school is in session
- No passing a school bus while its flashers are engaged
- No parking in fire lanes or designated handicapped spots
Violators will be required to meet with their assistant principal to discuss possible disciplinary consequences.