A message from GCSD Athletics Director David Austin:
Dear GCSD 7-12 Families,
Spring is officially here (even if snow is in the forecast). The Spring sports season is approaching, including baseball, softball, boys & girls lacrosse, boys & girls track and field, boys tennis and unified basketball. The Spring Season start dates are as follows:
- Sunday, April 25th– Spring Varsity, JV and Frosh sports can begin as early as April 25th. These sports include:
- Varsity, JV & Frosh Baseball
- Varsity, JV & Frosh Softball
- Varsity, JV Boys Tennis
- Varsity Boys and Girls Track & Field
- Varsity, JV Boys Lacrosse
- Varsity, JV Girls Lacrosse
- Monday, May 3rd– Spring Modified sports and Unified Basketball can begin. These sports include:
- Modified Baseball
- Modified Softball
- Modified Boys and Girls Track & Field
- Modified Boys Lacrosse
- Modified Girls Lacrosse
- Unified Basketball
Below is some high-level information about the upcoming spring sports season. You can find all the information you need here on the district website.
If your child is interested in participating in any of our spring sports, they must:
- Fill out the Spring Sports Sign Up Form.
- Complete the required athletic participation forms. New health forms must be completed and submitted before each sports season.
- In addition to health forms, our school nurses must have a recent physical on file. Physicals in the 18-19, 19-20 or 20-21 school year are valid physicals for athletic participation.
- Student-athletes and parents will be required to sign the Covid Consent Form.
Be on the lookout for another round of communication about spring sports soon. At that time, we hope to have more information about tryouts and Day 1 details. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thank you, and Go, Dutchmen!
GCSD Athletics Director
518-861-8591 ext. 4000