Please see the message sent to GCSD families from Superintendent Dr. Marie Wiles:
Dear GCSD Families,
Now that school has been open for about six weeks we want to know how you, our families, are feeling about your experience so far, whether your children are fully in-person, fully remote or in a hybrid instructional model. I can say with confidence that we are all delighted to be working with your children again!
I invite you to share your feedback about the start of the 2020-21 school year by participating in a Thoughtexchange, an anonymous online forum. This exchange will be open until midnight on Wednesday, October 28.
To participate you will answer a few survey questions and share your thoughts about what you feel is working and what might need more support, based on your experience. Again, your comments are anonymous. We only ask that you are polite and respectful as you share and rate thoughts. If you have participated in a Thoughtexchange in the past, you will remember that you can:
- Include as many responses as you like
- Rate or “star” thoughts from other participants
- Discover what responses are highly rated
- Return to the Thoughtexchange to add more feedback and rate more responses before it closes
A report of this Thoughtexchange will be posted on the district website and we will be presenting the findings to the Board of Education at its regular meeting on November 10. Results from the exchange will inform our practices and planning for the second half of this school year when you will once again have the opportunity to opt for fully remote instruction OR in-person (K-6) or hybrid (7-12). Families will receive information about how to make their choice in early November. We will need this time to gather responses so that we can plan for the start of the second semester in February.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and for your ongoing support and patience as we strive to serve your children well during these challenging times.
Dr. Marie Wiles
What you need to know about this Thoughtexchange
- The cut-off date to participate: Midnight on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020
- Link to participate in the Thoughtexchange
- Reminders about participation:
- Participation is anonymous;
- You can return to add more feedback and rate more thoughts before the close of the exchange;
- You must be polite and respectful as you share and rate thoughts;
- Any thoughts that are rude, hurtful, or identifies a person or group can be reported by participants.
What happens when you participate in a Thoughtexchange?
- You Share. Share your thoughts on an open-ended question.
- You Star. Review thoughts and ideas from other participants and rate them on a scale of 1-5 stars based on how much you agree with them or how important you think they are.
- You Discover. See the thoughts that have been highly rated and are at the top of the conversation, indicating what’s considered important based on the topic.
- You Return. Go back to the Thoughtexchange to see more results, add more thoughts, and/or rate additional thoughts. This way you can continue to collaborate and gain additional perspectives.