Mrs. Deanne Johnson, School Librarian
The mission of the Guilderland Central School District Library media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
Materials are loaned out for a two week period in grades 1-5, with a maximum of 5 books in circulation per person.
Kindergarten students borrow one book at a time to develop good book care and borrowing habits.
The Role of the School Library Media Specialist:
- Provide instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing and using information
- Work with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students
- Promote the love of reading
- Teach students how to access and evaluate print and non-print resources
- Support the curriculum
- Collaborate with teaching staff
- Act as a link to other school and public libraries
- Assist in the research process
- Encourage students to become lifelong learners