A tax exempt, nonprofit (501c3) sponsor group open to all parents and friends of music
The Guilderland Music Parents and Friends Association mission:
- To promote and encourage a lifelong interest in music.
- To advocate for music education in our school community and to support the music program at all levels.
- To help raise revenues to promote musical activities and opportunities for all students in Guilderland schools.
- To provide the opportunity for the Guilderland community to share the benefits of students’ efforts.
- To recognize, encourage, and reward ability and achievement through the award of scholarships.
Enrichment at all levels
- Fund special assembly programs for each school such as The Lake George Opera Company, Jack Zucchini, Home Spun Dancers, Bach to Beatles, Holly Cameron, Lee Shaw, Nick Page, Ithacappella
- Host the annual 5th Grade Band/Orchestra Celebration
- Provide financial assistance for elementary events
- Fund incentives for beginning musicians
- Registration fees for all participants of the annual music festivals
- Fees for clinicians
- Financial assistance for participants to: All State Conference, All Eastern Conference, NYSBDA, ACDA
- Student scholarships VISIT THE MUSIC SCHOLARSHIPS PAGE
- Awards (Pins, Plaques, Senior Flowers, Medals and Certificates)
- Music Enrichment Programs
- Hospitality for Enrichment and Visiting Performing Groups
- Host the annual Cabaret and POPS concert
- Student incentive Program
We need your support – Join Us Today! To become a member, download and return a completed GMPFA membership form to Guilderland Music Parents & Friends Assn. PO Box 147, Guilderland NY, 12084
Drop in to learn more:
Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2019 – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019 – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 9, 2019 (POPS planning) – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020 – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 – FMS Aux. Conference Room, 7 p.m.