The GCSD Board of Education is reviewing the proposed 2021-22 draft budget during a budget workshop on Tuesday, March 30, 2021. Results from the school community’s Thoughtexchange are part of the agenda. As a stakeholder of the district, we appreciate and value your input about the budget!
How to stay informed
- Watch the March 23 discussion about planning for the 2021-22 school year and the draft budget presentation. The March 23 presentation slides are here on the district’s online board portal.
- Add your thoughts and questions about the proposed budget (and don’t forget to rate others’ questions and feedback). As a reminder, a Thoughtexchange is entirely anonymous. The exchange closes at 4 p.m. tomorrow, March 30.
- Tune in on Tuesday, March 30, at 7 p.m. on the GHS Media YouTube page to hear questions and answers about the proposed budget and feedback from the board of education. If you would like to submit a comment for the Public Comment section of tomorrow’s meeting, please contact the District Clerk at 518-456-6200, ext. 3125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Comment” in the subject line.
- Get more information about the 2021-22 budget development process and important dates leading up to the May 18 school budget vote and board of education candidate elections.
Overall, the $104.8 million budget proposal
- Is an increase of 1.81% from the 2020-21 budget
- Maintains class sizes at 2019-20 levels
- Preserves existing programs and services for students
- Expands social and emotional supports
- Maintains staffing levels to the budgeted 2019-20 levels
- Reallocates some resources to reflect changing student needs and/or shifts to enrollment
- Keeps the tax levy limit where a simple majority of voters need to approve