Check Out Policy
- Students can check out up to 4 books at a time.
- Books can be checked out for 3 weeks and then renewed for another 3 weeks.
- Only one audio book can be checked out at a time to a student.
- Magazines can be checked out for 1 week.
- Reference and video materials can be taken overnight after 2:00 p.m. and must be returned the next day during homeroom.
- If a student has any overdue materials they will NOT be allowed to check anything else out until the overdue materials are returned.
What is the overdue book policy?
Overdue book notices are sent out via email every few weeks to students at their guilderlandschools.net email account and to parents at the email account on file. Students can also access their account by logging on to our catalog. If a student does not know their login information they are asked to see an FMS librarian for help. We DO NOT charge late fees, but do charge if the item has been lost or damaged.
We ask that students make every effort to return overdue books or replace lost or damaged books borrowed from any of the GCSD libraries before leaving FMS and moving to the high school. Be aware that it is GHS policy to have students resolve any issues with overdue materials taken from ANY GCSD library before graduation or it could delay receiving tickets and caps & gowns. This includes materials a graduating senior might have outstanding from their time in elementary school and/or FMS. Please contact a librarian if you have questions or need to resolve an overdue book issue.
What if a book has been lost?
If a book is lost, payment or a replacement copy must be received before more books can be checked out. If the book is found later, payment will be returned even if the student is now at the high school.
Can I borrow from other school libraries?
Books can be borrowed from other schools in the GCSD through interlibrary loan. Requests can take up to a week to fill. Students can make requests through the library catalog by placing a hold on the item or see a librarian for help making an interlibrary loan. It’s also possible to get books from other libraries outside the district. Please see a librarian for help with those requests.