During the GCSD Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, March 23, Superintendent Dr. Wiles shared information about our planning for the 2021-22 school year, and Assistant Superintendent for Business Neil Sanders presented a draft 2021-22 proposed budget.
- Watch the recording of the March 23 meeting on the GHS Media YouTube page
- View the presentation slides here on the district’s online board portal
- View more budget development information here
Overall, the $104.8 million budget proposal:
- Is an increase of 1.81% from the 2020-21 budget
- Maintains class sizes at 2019-20 levels
- Preserves existing programs and services for students
- Expands social and emotional supports
- Maintains staffing levels to the budgeted 2019-20 levels
- Reallocates some resources to reflect changing student needs and/or shifts to enrollment
- Keeps the tax levy limit where a simple majority of voters need to approve
What are your thoughts or questions about our proposed budget for the 2021-22 school year?
After the presentation, the district is launched a Thoughtexchange, an online forum, for the school community to ask questions about the 2021-22 proposed budget. Here’s the link to participate in the exchange
The exchange will be open until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 30. District administrators and the board will review the results and address questions during the March 30 Board of Education Budget Q&A Workshop, streamed on the GHS Media Youtube page.