On August 31, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced that it is extending funding for free meals for kids through December 31, 2020. In turn, the Guilderland Central School District will provide free breakfast and lunch to anyone in the district, age 18 and under, through December 31, 2020.
What Families Need to Know
- Families eligible for free and reduced meals, still need to complete an application on SchoolCafe before October 20, 2020, in order to receive free and reduced meals after December 31, 2020.
- Anyone that is age 18 and under and not a GCSD student can pick up meals from 1:00 -3:00 p.m. at Guilderland High School or Farnsworth Middle School. A week’s worth of meals will be provided at pickup. Please contact Megan Beck at email@example.com to get more information.
- The district will continue to sell snacks, but those will be purchased with cash or account funds when picking up meals.
School Meal Reminders
- Meal menus can be viewed when you log into SchoolCafe or can be viewed as a guest. Get more information about viewing the menu here.
- Students in grades K-4 will order both meals daily through their teachers.
- Students in grades 5-12 will pre-order their emails through SchoolCafe. Students in-person every other day can pick up breakfast and lunch for the following day (when they will be remote) when they leave school.
- Remote-only students can pick up meals at Guilderland High School and Farnsworth Middle School on Monday afternoons. A week’s worth of meals will be provided at each pick-up. Families need to complete this form once, and they will remain on the pickup list until they would like to be removed.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Beck at (518) 456-6200 ext. 3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.