The Guilderland Central School District will provide free breakfast and lunch to anyone in the district, age 18 and under, through June 30, 2022. The U.S. Department of Agriculture is covering all costs. This decision is subject to change at the federal government’s discretion.
Why should you take advantage of these free meal options?
- It is available at no cost to your children and no cost to you.
- It will extend your food budget at home and save you time prepping lunches.
- There is enough for everyone and you will not be taking food away from anyone.
- You are helping your foodservice program turn over food inventory and stay financially afloat.
What Families Need to Know
- Families eligible for free and reduced meals, still need to complete an application on SchoolCafe. This application has additional benefits to families including reduced fees with SATs, AP exams, college course tuition, etc.
- Anyone age 18 and under and not a GCSD student can pick up meals from 1:00 -3:00 p.m. at Guilderland High School or Farnsworth Middle School. A week’s worth of meals will be provided at pickup. Please contact Megan Bates at email@example.com to get more information.
- The district will continue to sell snacks, but those will be purchased with cash or account funds when picking up meals.
School Meal Reminders
- Meal menus can be viewed when you log into SchoolCafe or can be viewed as a guest. Get more information about viewing the menu here.
- Students in grades K-4 will order both meals daily through their teachers.
- Students in grades 5-12 will pre-order their meals through SchoolCafe. Students in-person every other day can pick up breakfast and lunch for the following day (when they will be remote) when they leave school.
- Remote-only students can pick up meals at Guilderland High School and Farnsworth Middle School on Monday afternoons. A week’s worth of minimal preparation meals will be provided at each pick-up. Families need to complete this form once, and they will remain on the pickup list until they would like to be removed.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Bates at (518) 456-6200 ext. 3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.