Jump to: Hiawatha 6B | Hiawatha 7A | Hiawatha 8
Below is a list of supplies that your child will need for sixth grade classes. Please be sure that your child’s name and homeroom are written on each of the supplies. The school supplies listed below should be brought to school on the first full day at FMS, September 14th. A book bag should be used to carry items to and from school.
Please let us know of any financial hardship so we may be of assistance.
- 1 metric and standard ruler
- 1 3-inch Team Binder for CORE CLASSES (The zip-enclosed ones work well.)
- 2- 5-packs of dividers (for all CORE)
- 1 composition notebooks ( for Science)
- 3 pocket folders (The most inexpensive ones are fine!)
- Science class (with holes if you can find one)
- Math class (with holes if you can find one)
- Friday Take-Home folder
- 4 X 6 index cards (1 package)
- loose-leaf paper (1-package)
- pens with blue or black ink (10 minimum)
- pencil pouch (with holes to fit in binder)
- 1 package of #2 pencils (Mechanical pencils are fine too.)
- 1 package of colored pencils
- 2 Highlighter Pens (any color)
- earbuds (1 set to keep in pencil pouch that can be used for all classes at school)
- Agenda Book or Assignment notebook
ENL Students: 1 pocket folder & 1 composition notebook
Other helpful supplies (optional)
- Scientific calculator (Model TI-30XIIS this may be used in 7th and 8th grade too.)
- Large eraser
- Pump style soap/sanitizer for the classroom sink area
- Large box or 2 of tissues (With allergies and colds- we do go through them fast!)
Welcome to Hiawatha 7A! We are looking forward to meeting you and working with your student. So that your student is prepared for the first day of school, we have compiled a list of materials your student will need.
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to share school supplies in the classroom. Please make sure that all of your student’s supplies, such as markers, highlighters, etc., are clearly labeled with their name. If your student has any of the supplies listed left-over from previous years, those are fine to use.
Hiawatha 7A Supply List
- 1 package of loose-leaf paper (To be used in all classes)
- Pens, blue or black (To be used in all classes)
- #2 pencils (To be used in all classes)
- 3 two-pocket folders (Homework, Social Studies, Language Arts)
- 1 box of tissues (Homeroom)
- 1 package of highlighters (To be used in all classes)
- 1 package of markers (To be used in all classes)
- 1 package of colored pencils (To be used in all classes)
- 1 calculator: Texas Instrument – TI– 30X II S (Math, Science)
- 2 composition notebooks (Language Arts, Social Studies)
- 1 set of earbuds or headphones (To be used in all classes)
*1 Trapper Keeper or a 2-inch three-ring binder with pencil pouch: This is an OPTIONAL supply. Since you will be carrying your belongings in your backpack and will not have a locker, you may decide that carrying this too is unnecessary.
All returning 7th grade students in Hiawatha, Mohawk, and Tawasentha were provided a Chromebook at the start of the previous school year. These students are expected to bring back the Chromebook they were assigned last fall, which was brought home over the summer.
Students are expected to keep up with reading over the summer to keep their minds sharp. During the fall in language arts, they will be asked to list all summer reading so make sure to keep track! A list of recommended book titles is available on the Guilderland Central School District website and at the Guilderland Public Library. Also, feel free to email Mrs. Fanning if you need a book recommendation!
We will be using a new app to keep in touch with students and their families this year. If you have a device or smartphone, please download the app PARENT-Talking Points. Once you have downloaded the app, use the join code: AS6UDN to join. We are asking BOTH parents and students to use this app for reminders.
See you soon!
Mrs. Fanning, Miss Erway, Mrs. Kavanaugh, Mrs. Libertucci, Ms. Nealis, Mrs. Sittig
Due to the outbreak and spread of COVID-19 we will not be providing “shared supplies” in classes, as we normally would. Shared supplies include glue sticks, markers, calculators, etc. Therefore we are asking that students have their own supplies for all classes clearly labeled with their names. The following is a list of supplies we are requesting students have for their Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies classes.
If there are supplies such as markers on this list that also appear on another list (Art, Tech, etc.) please know that they can be used for all classes.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any one of us.
Sincerely your team teachers,
Ms. McPherson, Mr. Hanson, Mr. Kapusinsky, Mrs. Bryer, Miss Erway,
Mrs. Albright and Mrs. Crisafulli
- 1.5” – 2” three-ring binder 1 – Science
- 1 Subject Spiral Notebook 1 – Math
- Marble Composition Notebook 1 – SS
- 2 pocket folder 4 – SS, Science, LA, Math
- Dry Erase Board 1 – SS
- Thin Dry Erase Marker 2 – Math, SS
- Post-it Notes (3” x 2”) 3 packs – LA, Science, Math
- Composition Notebook 1 – ENL (if applies)
- Calculator: TI-30 SXII 1 – Math 8
- Calculator: TI-84 Plus – Graphing Calculator 1 – ALGEBRA I ONLY (accelerated math)
- Index Cards 5 packs – LA
- Pencils 1 year supply – All Classes
- Colored Pencils and/or markers 1 pack – All Classes
- Highlighters 1 pack – All Classes
- Pens (black or blue) 1 pack – All Classes
- Scissors 1 pair – All Classes
- Glue Sticks About 5 sticks – All Classes
- Loose Leaf paper 1 pack (500 sheets) – All Classes
- Headphones/Earbuds 1 pair – All Classes
- Travel packs of tissues As needed – All Classes
- Hand Sanitizer Travel Size As needed – All Classes
If purchasing a calculator or any other supplies creates a financial burden, please contact your child’s teacher or school counselor to work on a plan. Solutions can and will be found.