Please see an important message from Superintendent, Dr. Wiles:
Dear GCSD Families,
I’m writing to update you on seven new positive COVID-19 cases that the district learned about today. Two of the cases listed below required the district to conduct contact tracing. Those individuals have already been contacted on the need to quarantine. Please note that as of Dec.16, the New York State Department of Health adopted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and decreased the quarantine period from 14 days to 10 days.
- One case of a district-wide employee. The district followed Albany County Department of Health guidelines to determine who is required to quarantine. Those individuals have been contacted and the Department of Health should be following up with them.
- One case at Pine Bush Elementary School. The district followed Albany County Department of Health guidelines to determine who is required to quarantine. Those individuals have been contacted and should expect a follow up from the ACDOH.
- Three cases at Farnsworth Middle School. Contact tracing by the school is not necessary because the individuals were not on campus while infectious.
- Two cases at Guilderland High School. No contact tracing by the school is required for these cases because the individuals were not on campus while infectious.
I also want to take this opportunity to share a few reminders with you:
- Grades 8-12 are remote-only through tomorrow, Jan. 8 at this time. If anything changes we will notify families as soon as we know.
- Information about the January 13 Virtual Panel Discussion we are hosting was sent out earlier today. You can find more information, including a link on how to submit questions here on the district website. I hope you are able to listen in.
Thank you again for your continued support, flexibility and willingness to do your part to keep yourself and others around you safe. As always, please reach out to your building principal if you have any questions.
Dr. Marie Wiles
Superintendent of Schools