Between Dec. 29 and today, Jan. 4, the district learned about twenty-one confirmed positive cases of COVID-19. Only two of these cases listed below required contact tracing by the school district per the Albany County Department of Health guidelines. Those individuals have already been contacted on the need to quarantine. Please note that as of Dec. 16, the New York State Department of Health adopted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and decreased the quarantine period from 14 days to 10 days.
- Ten cases associated with individuals of Guilderland High School
- Six cases associated with Farnsworth Middle School
- Two cases associated with Westmere Elementary School
- Two cases associated with Altamont Elementary School
- One case associated with Pinebush Elementary School
Here are a few other reminders and announcements:
- Don’t forget to complete the daily health screening for each of your children before they leave for school in the morning. If your child(ren) has symptoms included on the list, please do not send them to school and contact your school nurse.
- On Wednesday, January 13 at 7:00 p.m. the district will host a panel presentation livestream to YouTube to provide the community with information about COVID-19 testing at school, plans for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year, which begins on Feb. 1 and preliminary budget information. More information, including how to submit questions ahead of time, is coming soon.
Thank you again for your partnership, flexibility and willingness to do your part to keep yourself and others around you safe. As always, please reach out to your building principal if you have any questions.