In addition to the regular school policies that are in effect at all times, athletes must:
- Attend all practices and contests unless excused by the coach.
- Demonstrate respect for fellow teammates, coaches, game officials and opponents.
- Demonstrate loyalty to team and coaches.
- Demonstrate control over emotions and speech.
- Demonstrate constant effort to improve.
- Report to locker room at designated time for practice and behave in a responsible manner.
- Poor Sportsmanship – Student athletes, whether participants or spectators, will observe courteous behavior during all sporting events. Booing, whistling, name calling, obscene gestures, fighting or arguing with the referee etc. will not be tolerated.
- Stealing of any kind, including athletic clothing belonging to Guilderland or our opponents, will not be tolerated.
- Ride the team bus to and from all away athletic contests. Under some circumstances, an athlete may receive permission from his/her coach to ride home from a contest with his/her parents.
- Be in attendance by 10:00 a.m. on the day of a week day or night contest. Athletes absent from school on the Friday preceding a Saturday contest may be eligible to participate if parent calls the school nurse and explains the reason for the absence. The school nurse will then notify the coach that the athlete may participate if physically able.
Violation of the above standards may result in disciplinary action, including suspension ranging from one game to all games remaining on the schedule. The coach will recommend a penalty to the Director of Athletics.