SchoolMessenger information for community members
As of July 1, 2019, SchoolMessenger fully replaced School News Notifier (SNN) as a way to receive email news from the district and its schools.
The district began utilizing SchoolMessenger in the 2018-19 school year for emergency notifications, such as school closings/delays and emergency situations in schools and has since expanded its use to include school and district-level messages.
The following steps are for district residents without children in grades K-12 who would like to remain informed about district-wide events.
1. Click on this link to head to the SchoolMessenger page and click the “Sign Up Now” link near the bottom of the page.
2. You will be taken to the sign-up page where you will need to confirm the encrypted image, your name, a valid email address, and a password. Review and accept the Terms of Service. Click “Create Account” when you are done.
3. DO NOT CLOSE THE TAB WINDOW. This page will change to the one where you will enter your activation code.
4. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Account Activation” which contains a link to activate your account. Activation codes are valid for 24 hours. Type the activation code into the confirmation page for SchoolMessenger. You will then have to enter your password in order to activate your SchoolMessenger account.
5. Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to select your notification preferences on what kind of messages you will receive.
The district is a central hub of activity in the community, particularly as it relates to educational and recreational opportunities available to children. This Community Announcements page is provided as a service to parents for informational purposes only. Programs listed are not necessarily affiliated with nor endorsed by the Guilderland Central School District. For more information about the activities and organizations listed below, please use the contact information provided with each entry.
If you have a community announcement you would like posted, please contact the Communications Office.
Interested in organizing a reunion for your graduating class? Let us know by sending an e-mail or calling the district’s Communications Office at 518-456-6200, ext. 3115 with details about the event, including the class, date, location, time and contact information. Details will be posted on our reunions page where visitors can find information on currently scheduled reunions.
Guilderland Central School District Scholarship Fund
Each year, the district awards several scholarships to deserving high school seniors based on criteria such as academic area of interest, athletic area of interest, and community service. Learn more about the scholarship fund.
Alumni Class Websites
Does your graduating class have its own website or Facebook page? If so, let us know and we will post a link to it. Visit alumni class sites.
Whether you are hoping to fine tune your professional skills, learn more about a specific topic of interest or simply looking for something fun to try, Guilderland’s continuing education programs offer something for everyone!
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, there are a few steps that the company must follow. More information about becoming a vendor can be found on the Vendor Information page.