Monday thru Fridays
- Elem. Schools: 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- High School: 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Middle School: 3:30 p.m. to 12 midnight
The Custodial Worker works under the supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, Head Custodian, the Assistant & Director of Facilities and the Building Principal. The custodial Worker performs manual work in cleaning and caring of school district property and adjacent yards. The Custodial Worker does related minor maintenance tasks. While performing the duties of this job, the custodial worker is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. The Custodial Worker must frequently lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Sweeps and mops floors, corridors and stairs.
- Washes windows, walls, blackboards, sinks and other fixtures.
- Empties waste baskets, collects and disposes of rubbish.
- Vacuums and waxes floors.
- Moves furniture and arranges chairs, tables and other equipment.
- Clears snow and ice from walks, stairs and pathways.
- Mows lawns, rakes leaves and performs a variety of outside grounds keeping activities as assigned.
- Delivers packages, messages and equipment.
- Cares for furnace and boiler room equipment.
- Paints rooms and equipment and assists in making minor plumbing, carpentry and electrical repairs.
- Monitors and reports vandalism to school property.
- Gives directions to visitors and assists with outside activities.
The Custodial Worker should demonstrate the ability to utilize standardized cleaning checklists, meet work schedules and maintain output of work under normal conditions. Regular attendance, dependability, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures and document completed work, cooperation with supervisors and fellow employees and ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions are normal expectations of the job.
The Custodial Worker should demonstrate a working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment. The Custodial Worker must be able to follow simple oral and written instructions. Must satisfy Albany County Civil Service requirements. Must have high school diploma or GED.
In accordance with GEA Contract
Apply on OLAS — or — Send application to:
- Dr. Lin A. Severance, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
- Guilderland Central School District
- P.O. Box 18, 8 School Road
- Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Selected Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Guilderland Central School District is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity as integral to the education of all students. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or sexual orientation in our educational programs or employment.