At the Guilderland Central School District, we believe all school community members deserve to be seen, safe and welcome.
The district is continuously looking for ways to acknowledge challenges, identify needed changes and find new ways to foster a safe, diverse school environment where all are heard, seen, safe, valued, respected and welcome.
Here are some steps we are taking now:
- Providing and prioritizing ongoing professional development focused on equity, diversity and inclusion for district employees
- Examining and adjusting our recruitment and hiring practices to hire more diverse candidates
- Encouraging faculty to foster a learning environment of kindness, curiosity, critical thinking and respect for different perspectives
- Establishing a long-standing Board of Education Equity and Diversity Committee
- Supporting the Guilderland High School Anti-Racism committee
- Creating a section on the district website that highlights and reports the work of the district for community stakeholders to see and support what’s happening